• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Get The Looks OF Longhorn, Thru Win XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

http://www.soft32.com/download_3720.html

now if you dont feel comfortable with this kinda stuff than dont do it..

Right now im currently using this as my default :) and havent had 1 problem, no spyware, adware, virus's, or hidden stuff just pure longhorn

what it will do ..

It will install the following of longhorn:

Sidebar, theme, fonts, boot screen, logon screen and some other stuff..

Ram usage? I think I'll try this out.

I have a friend who's uncle works for M$ (and I get tons of cheap software), and I seem to vaguely remember him warning me against this...

The only good part of Vista, without all the drawbacks, and free too. Good find.

Well I'm now using it and will say that I love it, minus two things:

The new shortcut "symbol" is a big ugly square and that nice clock/ notepad/ bookmark thing won't dock to my secondary montitor.

This guy did a pretty decent job. Aero style with mystic colors rocks. Definitely my favorite. The text is a bit fuzzy (i changed it to vista's default to get the whole chance). The icons could be better, but its a nice change from default winxp. Nice find!

kayson said:
This guy did a pretty decent job. Aero style with mystic colors rocks. Definitely my favorite. The text is a bit fuzzy (i changed it to vista's default to get the whole chance). The icons could be better, but its a nice change from default winxp. Nice find!
There are other theme patches like the one I am using which lack the clock but have much better icons.

Yuriman said:
It appears it takes no more ram than XP normaly would, plus the side bar (optional). That adds about 22mb.

EDIT: The desktop look, with regular XP start menu, but all other Vista "pretties" enabled. Using Aero Style theme, color scheme = Mystic.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sueperdue/XP Vista.JPG

i noticed u have the post-it like icons on ur desktop icons. do you know what they are for? and how to get rid? otherwise excellent skin.

[SaS]hornet said:
i noticed u have the post-it like icons on ur desktop icons. do you know what they are for? and how to get rid? otherwise excellent skin.

Those are the ugly arse shortcut symbols. The trashbin is the only thing that dosen't have one :(

I've been using that pack for awhile, it isn't exactly the latest news around. Its a good pack. Needs updating to Vista type stuff though now, it just based on things prior to Vista Beta's

Back