• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the "open a file" box in XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gig-O-Ram

This is not that big of a deal, but my wife asked me this question, and I had no answer for her so I thought I'd try to find out.

In the "open a file" dialog box, image files generally show up as the list of little icons with the names and all that, and you can change them to full thumbnails by hitting that option in the view menu...yes, we all know this...but my question is this: Is there a way to have windows set to always show them as thumbnails by default, just so we don't have to hit the extra buttons?

Just curious...

Set a folder the way you want it. Then Tools/Folder Options/View/Apply to all Folders. This will make ALL your folders open in that view.
Personally I just set the view to what I want for each folder as some I don't want as tiles, some I want details and some thumbnails. Set it the way you want and then use the File/Close option.

Back