• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Printer Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im definatly no expert with printers but...how do printers know when there jammed? is there a sensor? if there is, is it getting triggered some how?

/an idea that is stupid

Sounds like the rollers are old and worn out, can't grab paper, or slips when it is loaded in. I'll have to check the model of our old DeskJet, but it's barely been used and I can send you the rollers from it if you're brave enough to take it apart and replace the roller unit yourself.

If so many people are A+ Certified here, why can't they answer this question? 21 views and Benvanz is the only one who replies, with another question. Take note that I'm not even A+ Certified. o_O

Benvanz said:
Im definatly no expert with printers but...how do printers know when there jammed? is there a sensor? if there is, is it getting triggered some how?

/an idea that is stupid

How does the printer know? Easy, it has a little brain in it, that likes to be a real prick and jam itself, just to annoy you, and make you take it to a shop to get fixed, where there is works just fine, but costs you bundles of money, trying to figure out why its jammed, when in the end, it was just the printer waving the middle finger at you, while luaghing.

shard said:
How does the printer know? Easy, it has a little brain in it, that likes to be a real prick and jam itself, just to annoy you, and make you take it to a shop to get fixed, where there is works just fine, but costs you bundles of money, trying to figure out why its jammed, when in the end, it was just the printer waving the middle finger at you, while luaghing.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Celeron_Phreak said:
Sounds like the rollers are old and worn out, can't grab paper, or slips when it is loaded in. I'll have to check the model of our old DeskJet, but it's barely been used and I can send you the rollers from it if you're brave enough to take it apart and replace the roller unit yourself.

If so many people are A+ Certified here, why can't they answer this question? 21 views and Benvanz is the only one who replies, with another question. Take note that I'm not even A+ Certified. o_O

It pulls the paper through after the printer is turned off though.

I have dealt with a printer like that once before, never found out the problem with it though. I just parted it out. It might be the paper feeding sensor switches wearing out. I'd say have it serviced if you think it's worth it, otherwise just replace the thing.

Back