• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the beta is already out since people are able to get Vista screenshots and post them on sites like winbeta.org.

Already in Beta, been available for a while, nothing exciting, looks much nicer then WinXP, needs WAY more driver support not nearly as easy to install just yet, but thats because it is in beta.

Wireless networking has gone from simple to super easy.
Hard drive searching is much much better.

IE7 might make me switch back to IE from firefox, we'll see how it does with internet speed vs intranet speed, ( faster loading php intense pages on an intranet then firefox is )

Thanks to MS South Africa...

Windows Vista will be with me soon, we are checking out Beta 2. Beta 3 is not yet compiled for distribution to my knowledge.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be running the beta version and you guys can ask all the questions you want!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it, my only real concern is that MS is saying it needs a minimum of 512Mb RAM. I hope it's not going to be RAM hogging system.

lennytiger said:
, my only real concern is that MS is saying it needs a minimum of 512Mb RAM. I hope it's not going to be RAM hogging system.

yikes, but i think thats just for the aero gui

So they will load the GUI into video memory and use GPU power instead of taxing the memory and cpu? That should speed things up for working within windows... can't wait to see this all work out!

^^ yuppers exactly what they plan to do - i mean people with those faster video card arent doing ajck **** while looking @ your desktop:)

but this also means people with older system may need to upgrade - but they are also having like 8 versions of Vista come out, so who knows, may have a lower end version if not - sorry stick with XP and dont complain :) Old hardware has to die sometime.

Well, Vista also takes on average 3 hours to install, my system in sig is installing now and is on 2 hours... crazy.

And once vista is uncompressed it takes up close to 8gigs...

Well once vista is released in late 2006 - prob 2007 perhaps they will have better DVD drives - also dont forget this is only a Beta - so it is not optimized in any sense likely.

Back