• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geeks.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

I was in the market for a case for my Son's computer. Geeks.com had their green light special going on, and for 16.50, they had a case that was awesome for a 9 yr old. So, I bought it. It took 8 days to get, but how can I complain with it being free shipping.

I got the case today, and the front panel was broken in one place, and cracked in another. I debated for about 10 minutes if I should even call them. But alas, I called them to see what my options were. The Rep told me that anything 15.00, they don't require the buyer to return the item. Mine was 16.50. I even told the Rep I felt bad for calling about a 16.50 item, and I just wanted to see what my options were. His reply = "You paid for a product in new condition, so you should get a product in new condition". He put me on hold for about 15 seconds, and came back and told me they would ship a new one out today.

Geeks.com is now on my recommend list.

TekeTorvo said:
I was in the market for a case for my Son's computer. Geeks.com had their green light special going on, and for 16.50, they had a case that was awesome for a 9 yr old. So, I bought it. It took 8 days to get, but how can I complain with it being free shipping.

I got the case today, and the front panel was broken in one place, and cracked in another. I debated for about 10 minutes if I should even call them. But alas, I called them to see what my options were. The Rep told me that anything 15.00, they don't require the buyer to return the item. Mine was 16.50. I even told the Rep I felt bad for calling about a 16.50 item, and I just wanted to see what my options were. His reply = "You paid for a product in new condition, so you should get a product in new condition". He put me on hold for about 15 seconds, and came back and told me they would ship a new one out today.

Geeks.com is now on my recommend list.
wow :D
glad to hear you had such a good experience
i should be gettin my goodies from em' today

Compgeeks customer support is always excellent, I'm willing to bet you will get it quicker than the original 10 days, sometimes when sites offer free shipping specials the demand puts the shipping dept in over their heads.

Wow. Although I've never had any defects in the products I've bought at Geeks, this story makes me happy since it sounds similar to those of Newegg's with their great customer support. =)

Back