• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

making an vcd or svcd cd to play on a dvd player?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moko

Registered
question 1):hi,i have a aiptek dv2;i make videos with it....then put it on my comp,there in AVI format.i have nero 6,that came with my cdrw,it says it can make a vcd or a svcd of my videos,...and it can play on "most" dvd players.but it says i need a dvd decoder to transfer the avi files into another format so that it can make the cd......does an one know a free converter to make this work.???? nero is saying i can play a cd of my videos in my dvd player.....i just need to convert them.

question 2):also.....whats the easiest way to get my vcr tapes,on to my comp.which software/and hardware thats least expensive way to do this........thanks for any help.

moko said:
question 1):hi,i have a aiptek dv2;i make videos with it....then put it on my comp,there in AVI format.i have nero 6,that came with my cdrw,it says it can make a vcd or a svcd of my videos,...and it can play on "most" dvd players.but it says i need a dvd decoder to transfer the avi files into another format so that it can make the cd......does an one know a free converter to make this work.???? nero is saying i can play a cd of my videos in my dvd player.....i just need to convert them.

question 2):also.....whats the easiest way to get my vcr tapes,on to my comp.which software/and hardware thats least expensive way to do this........thanks for any help.

In my opinion, TheFilmMachine is the best all-in-one free utility you can get for converting. It comes with everything you need and is simple to use.

As far as transferring video tape to digital, you'll need either a capture card or video card that support audio/video in/out. Capture cards can be had for fairly cheap, but quality may be in question depending on what you buy. I'm no authority on them so it would not be in your best interest for me to recommend one. You may want to visit the Videohelp forums for more information about what you're doing. I visit there frequently and is an excellent audio/video forum.

Thanks alot Jon......i'll try that software;and will post in the video/audio forum for the card

Back