• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell movin on up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

primuslesler

well i dont know about yall but i am not a fan of deal but they have made a computer worth posting about, fully customizable.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DXPS600SAP&s=dhs

is the price tag a bit too much? i think so but hey dell is finally movin on up :santa: but will i ever purchase anything other than a monitor from them? of course not! but hey for the rich gamers who dont know a pci-e slot from an agp slot this is for you!

Did i mention you can have an uncanny amount of hard drive space? 1TB wow do i smell overkill or waste of money hahah

nice I am at 3700 dollars to get a system marginally faster than this one...hehe...

yes with a better monitors...no speakers even though...

oh well of course it would be cheaper and better but i am "proud" of dell to make such a move in the right direction are you not?

It's cheaper but dont forget

1 year warrenty - something breaks - replaced For free! - yes i know you can RMA and maybe get a return. but dell complain - done.

LCD got 1 single dead pixel, backllight issues, send it back as often as you like until you get one you like!

i doubt you can get that from LG / Sony / Samsung directly.

their computers have been pretty customizable for as long as i can remember. this one does have a lot of options, though.

speaking of dell movin up, check out their new ditty advertising www.dellditty.com

i think dell is starting to ask gamers what they want. xps gen2 is wanted by a lot of rich kids who go to my school. too bad my soon-to-be amd rig will PWN!!!11one lol

-1cem4n

As long as I can remember, Dell has always had rigs that were just as customizeable. My friend has p3 500Mhz XPS. (they got that through his dad's company for cheap)

1cem4n said:
i think dell is starting to ask gamers what they want. xps gen2 is wanted by a lot of rich kids who go to my school. too bad my soon-to-be amd rig will PWN!!!11one lol

-1cem4n

XPS Gen2 is a 875P/AGP based system no longer in production since gen3. They now sell the Gen6 or 600.

Quailane said:
As long as I can remember, Dell has always had rigs that were just as customizeable. My friend has p3 500Mhz XPS. (they got that through his dad's company for cheap)

Your friends XPS, is actually a XPS_t, not to be confused with the XPS Gaming series. Big Difference from case design, to proprietary parts. Not to mention a generation gap of about 2 years.

i've always liked dell.. for ppl that know jack about pc's it's one of the better companies to buy from. also, depending on the rep, if you complain enough, it WILL get replaced.

Back