• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACPI problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcollins82

I've been using this computer for about a month and a half now and I've never had any problems that I've noticed but the other day I went to put it in suspend for the first time and the only thing that goes into power saving mode is the monitor. The computer itself seems to continue to run. I'm thinking the most likely culprits are the motherboard, the BIOS or the PSU. The BIOS and PSU I can switch out to troubleshoot. The motherboard on the other hand is unfortunately another story at the moment. I was wondering if any of you had any other ideas as to what could possibly cause this to happen.

I'm using the following:

JetWay A210GDMS-Pro Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard w/ shipping BIOS

Enermax 420W noisetaker

3700+ San Diego

OCZ 3200 Value RAM

Any help would be appreciated.

In the power options on your motherboard, make sure you have S1 and S3 (suspend to RAM) enabled. This will shut your computer down but supply the necessary power to keep your RAM active, so you can resume right away.
There various levels of "sleep", you're probably in a higher state.

Back