• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future Rig any good? Suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vcstrike

I just made about $100 bucks and I have a little bit more to spend so, comment on my Future Rig? (In Sig) Budget is about $1000-1050.

Yes its the NF4 with PCI-E. I guess I should have added the fan in my sig. That's the one I was planning on getting. Is the 3200 Venice core? If it is I will def. get that. Thanks :)

The oem 3200 on ewiz is an E6 revision. The retail versions are still E3 atleast it says they are (part number has bp for E3 and bw for E6). I bought an 3000+ E3 oem from ewiz when they still carried those for like $118 but they're all gone. My chip is pretty crappy though. I think that amd is speed binning a lot more than they did when the venices were new (probably didn't speed bin heavy during release to increase all the hype about overclocking). It might be wise to get a 3500+ to try and get around the binning issue. They're not really that much more.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=A64-3500BP

$201 and it's an E3, I'd deffinately get this chip if I was you.

Yeah but I'm already 50 dollars over budget. I don't think I could spend much more money.

just get the ocz gold instead of the plat or some value ram and switch the xp-90 for a freezer64 and then get the 3500. The ocz gold will run good on the dfi since it likes voltage more than the platinum and the freezer64 will end up saving you a lot of money apposed to buying a hs and f seperately paying for shipping for multiple stores

Back