• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCE05 on laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bleck! I put this on my laptop, and the only way I could get it to play video files (avi/mpeg/etc) properly was by running them through the "Media Center" player. If I try from WMP they stutter something awful...think "First Person Shooter getting 5 fps"...It's completely unwatchable. They work from within Media Center, too bad the "Media Center" player won't allow me to fast forward/seek through the video.

I tried it on WMP, Media Player Classic, and Video LAN Client players. All 3 performed the same (stuttering) with several different codec packs. Keep in mind these same files work fine from my other 2 desktops using the same codec packs.

I never did try any DVDs...

Anywho, just a heads up on the video thing. Let us know how it goes! It should run on your laptop no problems.

Back