• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Awesome small things in software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaoticdonkey

Registered
I just noticed yesterday that in Firefox, I can click my scroll wheel on my mouse, and it opens the page up in a new tab. Before, I was right-clicking and going to "Open in New Tab".

Wow. I can't believe that I never noticed that.

Well, I knew that it was possible to have different tabs instead of windows. I just didn't know that there was a shortcut to get them to open without having multiple mouse clicks.

When I found that out I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now I almost 100% of the time click on links with my wheel button. :D

Holding down CTRL while clicking a link will also open it in a new tab.

khiloa said:
Close? How do you close them with the middle button? Its not doing anything here.

You click on the Tab you want to close.

some others:
double click in tha tab bar to open a new blank tab
middle click on a folder of bookmarks and it will open all the bookmarks in their own tab
you can also set multiple tabs for your homepage. just open the pages you want in their own tab, and choose "use current pages" in the homepage part

not shure why its not working for you khiloa. i just middle click on the tab (in the tab bar) and it closes

zip22 said:
middle click on a folder of bookmarks and it will open all the bookmarks in their own tab

that one has actually annoyed me when I mis-click and instead of opening one page I get like 10.

Still a neat feature

Back