• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 Sandy Overclocking - Does this sound reasonable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TenementFunster

Registered
I'm trying to get my 3700+ to 280x10 with 1T RAM timings. Right now, I'm burning in at 280x10, but with 2T timings @ 1.61vcpucore, and 3.2vmemcore.

I realize this is a little high right now, but once I get a few hours of Prime behind me, I figure I'll be able to drop the voltage and still maintain stability.

Here are my complete system specs:
3700+ San Diego
EPOX EP-9NPA+SLi
2x1gb Crucial PC4000 Ballistix
XFX 7800GT @ 500core/1.12mem
Antec NeoPower 480w

I'm pretty sure running at anything lower than CAS3 is out of the question, but what are the odds of this being stable at 280x10 with this RAM at 1T, and having a vcore of below 1.55? Running at 1T seems to be critical for RAM throughput, but I've heard other timings don't have that much of an impact on A64 CPUs, so I'm aiming for maximum stable FSB while trying to keep 1T.

Also, I'm running HT Multiplier on "Auto" because it seems to be the most stable. How can I find out what my HT multi is exactally, and how much performance would I gain by running at 5x?

The system is currently stable at 250x11 with 1T timings and a locked x5 HT multi, but I'm gaining a far amount of power in Sandra by running at a higher FSB with a 10x multi, which is why I'm trying to get to 280x10.

Thanks in advance for the wisdom.

P.S. - Is there any better CPU/memory burn-in program than Prime? I downloaded it because I'm old school, and I've used it on all my other systems. I have no idea what all the cool kids are using to burn in their systems lately.

Back