• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abits on my don't buy list for now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

So another saga with my POS Abit board. So back in April I upgraded to a LGA775 system. About a week after it was built I woke up to find the system off. So I rebooted and as a rebooted it ceased to recognize each drive, one at a time till the board refused to boot. So I RMA'd it and got another.

Well then more problems amounted on this new board. My DVD Drive refused to read DVDs of any kind saw them as CDs. So I figured it was the DVD drive and thought nothing of it. Then I tried to flash my bios a month or so later. It would always tell me bios locked. So I said oh well no bios flashing I guess. Then this summer it refused to read my floppy. It would just spin up, and wouldn't recognize that a floppy was in it. Figured it was the cables, tried new ones, every kind I could find. Nothing, so I said oh well I never used it anyway. Alright, so I figured it was a bad drive. So I replaced it and it did the same. Drives worked in mom's computer though. Interesting I thought. So then I finally got around to buying a new DVD Burner, so I figured just incase something is wrong with the IDE Channel, I would buy an external enclosure. I burned one DVD one stinking DVD and it started doing the same thing my old one did. How does that happen in an external enclosure? Shouldn't this be limited to the internal?

I plan to test the external enclosure on my roomates Lappy to see if it works
EDIT: Drive works in roommates lappy.

Any ideas people as to should I rma it or what?

So now I'm stuck. I need a new board.

Last edited:
Back