• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hurricane Casualty part2 - Need New MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoctaD

Registered
OK, I think I took a power hit as Hurricane Rita passed through my region, and now need to replace, at least, my Mainboard (Abit AI-7).
My Current system includes:
P4 2.4c, Corsair CMX 512-2700LLPT, x2 = 1Gig, Radeon 9800 Pro 128, Antec TruPower 430.
My Primary use is PhotoShop CS2, Secondary uses include, Web Surfing, Word Processing, and, of couse, my kids want a screaming Game Machine.

I like to play with OC'ing a little, but I really need a stable system.
I am looking for suggestions as how best to upgrade. Should I stick with a P4 board and try to OC my 2.4 for a little more life out of this system, or should I jump over to AMD (dual core maybe?) Should I get new memory now, or could I continue to use it a little longer (with maybe another Gig of this older (cheaper?) RAM? Use this AGP video card, or put it in my office machine, and get a PCI e card (whats best for Photoshop?, Plus Gaming)

Thank you for being patient with my rambling, I've not really kept up with the techy side of computing, and wasn't expecting to need an upgrade this year, but the hurricane has backed me into this.

Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

Dean

Back