• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATAPI interface........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolfOC

Registered
I just got another dvd burner poped it in and it doesn’t burn did some looking around and found nothing after contacting the support of the burner they told me this…

there is a problem with the ATAPI interface.

How do I fix this problem?

I should have gave more information now that I think about it heres the intire issue….

it’s the only drive in there now and its set as the secondary master drive it’s a DVD burner from LG GSA-4163B is the model it can be located here

http://www.lge.com/catalog/prodmodel...&model=NOTHING

The thing doesn’t report any errors or I would have posted a log file it just doesn’t burn it doesn’t even move it stays at zero but it installs perfectly fine I’ve tested the speeds at 40x and I’ve made perfect images of cd’s with it it does everything perfect but when it comes to burning of any kind like DVD’s or normal cd’s it just doesn’t want to burn I’ve also tried all of the recommended disk’s they said to use still doesn’t burn so then I contacted them they said this

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. Install the drive as Master on the Secondary IDE Controller. Writing speed depends highly on capabilities of discs. There are manufacturing differences between different brands of media, and the brands listed have been tested and are known to work well. Some brands will work for a time and then start causing write errors. It's very important to use recommended media, particularly while troubleshooting. Please try using one of the types of media that is recommended specifically for your model: CD-R : LG, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, TDK or SKC discs are recommended. CD-RW : LG, Ricoh, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim discs are recommended. DVD-R : Maxell, Taiyo Yuden, JVC are recommended. DVD-RW : JVC, Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, TDK are recommended. DVD+R : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media, Verbatim are recommended. DVD+RW : TDK, FujiFilm, Ricoh are recommended. DVD-RAM : Maxell, Panasonic are recommended. DVD+R DL : Mitsubishi Kagaku Media is recommended. The following web site has a list of media tested with different brands of writers: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia. Download the IDE and chipset (via 4in1) drivers from the motherboard maker's Website. If it's a name-brand PC, download them from their website. Also check for a new BIOS, if it's an older motherboard it may have updates that are needed. Disable XPs built-in recording feature. Right-click on the DVD-RW/CD-RW drive icon. Select [Properties]. Click [Recording] tab. Turn off the option, [Enables CD recording on this drive]. Change the drive’s transfer mode to PIO to test for a problem with the IDE controller. In windows device manager double-click [Secondary IDE Channel] (it’s under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers). Click the [Advanced settings] tab. Change the transfer mode to [PIO Only]. Reboot and test the drive. If it works, there is a problem with the ATAPI interface.

I did everything they said to do and have not resolved the problem after setting the drive to PIO only it works so this means that there is a problem with the ATAPI interface….

Note: As for the software I used it's nero to burn and the OS is Windows XP PRO SP2
I tired other burning software it also had the same problems....

When I installed my first CD burner, I had the same problem. Turns out the simulation was on, which faked burning process.

Do you have burning simulation of any kind on? Try turning it off, they are located in the Nero burn window where you start the burning process.

i checked and theres nothing there like that i see a box that says simulation but its not checked....i'm just woundering why it wont work :/ i've never had this problem before ever.

it's about the same as yours but with 2gigs of ram and a 300gig harddrive

Back