• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anonomous09

Registered
Ok, I am working on building a new system but I have hit a wall. So far I have:
MSI P4N SLI-FI

I am thinking of using a bfg 7800 gt oc for my gpu but I am at a loss for what to do for the rest . For a power supply I am thinking of using a Sunbeam NUU 550w SLI. Can someone help for a CPU and memory I want this to be on a good budget and I can OC but no WC.
THank You

Well for the cpu i was thinking 180, but I was looking in to dual core if it was similar to amd in performance, and for memory under 200

Intel Dual Cores aren't as great as AMD Dual Cores, you can tell by the price difference obviously.

Why not a 3000+, a DFI board, and some nice high voltage ram, and a Forton, that'll set you back about under $500 for something that can get to 2.7ghz in most conditions.

I have already purchased a mobo and I was comparing the pentium d to a standard amd 64.

Can someone help? I need to find a decentprice cpu and memory for me I have decided on using the sunbeam powersupply and either a bfg or evga 7800gt. Can someone help me? and I already hjave purchased the mobo.

yes someone can help you but why did you choose the neo4 of all motherboards? well no use beating a dead horse... also, don't see where you're going with $200 RAM and only $180 cpu. i'd go with this:

-Intel Pentium D 830 Smithfield
-OCZ Value DDR2 667
-XFX 7800gt
-ditch that psu and get a powerstream 520 or a fortron 500 cause you NEVER want to skimp on a psu.

-1cem4n

Back