• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP: first build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shocktech

hello im going to be ordering my parts from newegg soon and i need some help... right now im looking at the fatal1ty mobo.... but i hear the DFI lanparty is cheaper and better... please help me figure out which one to get and which will work better with my build (in my sig). what i really like about the fatal1ty one is that it comes with that guru thing... could i buy any thing like that that would work with the lan party? i want something on the front of my pc that will show me the temps and all of that stuff.. also tell me if you think i should change anything... like 2x1gb mem instead of 4x512... thanks in advance :)

PS. im not good with all the memory timing and stuff and i hear the lanparty is hard to set up.

You can get software for any mobo that will tell you the things you need to know. Most mobos come with software developed for their brand of board. There are also free programs such as SpeedFan that do the same thing. I would not recommend the DFI for someones first build. The documentation is poor and it is a complicated board to master because of the many bios options. The next best overclocker to the DFI is the Epox EP-9NPA+Ultra. It's even on sale right now at Newegg for $95.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123236
If not the Epox, the Abit is a solid board. It just lacks some of the overclocking abilities of the Epox.
Good luck with your first build.

Back