• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Help plz.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CarbolicSmokeBa

Registered
Hi all,

Just done a very stupid thing.......

Put my old celeron 2.8 processor in my old dears PC, everything seemed fine, windows liked it, blah blah blah.

Went to turn it on this morning, Windows started, finr, went to safely max out the resolution on my 19 inch tft, windows then stops responding, and resets itself!

Every time I then turn on the machine it reset istelf after about 90 seconds, somethinmes longer. It even resets on the bios screens!

Anyway cut a long story short I took out the newer celeron, and put back the old 1800 P4. It still kept reseting even in bios! So i clear the bios settings with the jumper settings, it still resets!!!

Left it for half an hour, it boots, but then I get the message.....

----------
NTLDRV is missing

plress Ctrl alt and delete to restart

-------------

So I completely reinstall the preloaded version of windows home on the PC data dics, still I get the same message! WTF

I had an old copy of windows XP prof lying around, so i install that, which is what I using to type this with. The only slight fly in the ointment is the fact its in spanish!!!!

Can anyone please talk me thorough how to change the language to UK english within windows xp!

Pleae help before I have to start taking spanish lessons!

in control panel, there something called regional settings, when regional setting windows opens, there are three tabs, you should change language in each of them. The middle tab is languages you will have click details to open another windows to change language settings

Back