• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Permissions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

Ok, setting up my 9yr old son's comp. I password protected the admin account, and created him an account with limited permissions. I tried to install Toontown, (we are all junkies!), but, of course, he didn't have the permission to install it. AWESOME SO FAR!!!

I installed Toontown with Admin rights, and there is a shortcut on my desktop, but I can't see it on his account. The reason I mention I have it on Admin desktop, but can't see it on his desktop, is because I also have MS Antispy, Diskeeper Pro, and AVG Anti Virus shortcuts, on my desktop, that I see on his as well.

Short of giving him admin rights each time I want to install a program/game, how do I allow him rights to;

A. See the shortcuts on Admin desktop, (only the ones I want him to see)?
B. Allow him to use/play certain programs/games?
C. How do I install a program on Admin account, and give him permission to use the program/game.

WarriorII said:
You need to install it under / into the All Users folder I believe.
That would really stink because Toontown is totally online, and it doesn't give an option where to install it.

Hmmmmm...Maybe put a shortcut in all users folder?

I go try that. Thanks!

Back