• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot-up Times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Counda

I'm just wondering how long it takes your systems to boot up for everyday use.

I have almost everything disabled from starting up, so from the time I hit the power button, I have everything loaded within 31 seconds and am ready to use programs at full efficiency :).

Let's set a standard here... How about from when you touch the power button, to the time you can use programs at full efficiency. Any better ideas?

Post your boot times!

I'm not exactly sure but the blue bar only passes about 10 times. Way faster than my old one.

The blue bar passes about one and a half times, and from the welcome screen to a useable desktop is about 8 seconds. I'll time it later.

I don't think its directly related to PC speed, long ago a friend of mine had a Pentium-III 500mhz, and the XP home loading bar didn't even cross a quarter of a time. It annoyed me to no end that his pc loaded up in 1/8 the time my 1600+ did.

Takes me about 3 minutes for a complete reboot because I have my computer set to do boot-time defrags (fragmented pagefile & registry == t3h no!!). The blue bar normally does about 8-10 passes.

The reboot I timed a few days ago:
BIOS To Blue Bar: 17 seconds
Blue Bar to Boot Defrag (which is right after the bar): 25 seconds
Boot Defrag to Post Defrag Reboot: 1 minute 14 seconds
Reboot to Blue Bar: 17 seconds
Blue Bar to Registry Defrag (right after the bar again): 36 seconds
Registry Defrag to Mouse: 8 seconds

From the mouse appearing, it's about 4 seconds to the logon screen, and then another 10 to a useable desktop.

Yeah, my reboot times absolutely suck, but given that I only reboot once a month, it dosen't really matter all that much :D

JigPu

My comp is really screwed up or something. It generally takes 14 - 15 bars to boot.

<walks away in shame> :cry:

Counda said:
I'm just wondering how long it takes your systems to boot up for everyday use.

I have almost everything disabled from starting up, so from the time I hit the power button, I have everything loaded within 31 seconds and am ready to use programs at full efficiency :).

Let's set a standard here... How about from when you touch the power button, to the time you can use programs at full efficiency. Any better ideas?

Post your boot times!

My system boots in 9 Seconds....

mine takes it's time... from the windows xp to the logon screen(i forgot how to change it so it always logs into mine) is about 9 seconds. what you don't see is the 5 second post, the 15 second fastrak hard drive post, and the 3 second "what operating system do you want to use?" type stuff.

anybody have any idea how to only boot windows cause i accidentally made an operating system called "c" and it's annoying.

-1cem4n

Back