• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5AD2 Premium, BIOS updates?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Governator

Registered
Asus God love 'em and they put out a good product but lately IMHO the BIOS updates have been less than stellar for this board. Im using the current 1011.007 Beta BIOS, and even to this day I cannot get over a 245 FSB no matter what I do, "CPU Lock Free" not withstanding. Right now I'm running @ 245 FSB 18x multi, which is a pretty good OC for anyone's books, but I'd like to crank up the FSB and lower the clock to gain some more memory bw but it's a no go for me :( Unless I'm unaware of another enthusiast site that has beta bios's for this board that will provide some decent performance from it in an unmodded state then I'm at a loss. I'd be grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction for proper BIOS settings for "Lock Free" oc'ing in general or for BIOS update info, TIA...

Gov

Did you pull the 'beta' bios from them or there is somewhere else that does tweaked bios'es?

I have one of these boards and have been dissapointed in the lack of updated BIOS images as well.

Back