• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Paypal Phishing scheme.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

This one scared the crap out of me when I saw it because it looked so real and wasnt filtered by my spam bot. Of course I knew not to click any links and go right to paypal.com to check my account. Here is a screenshot of the email.

phishing3jg.jpg

Looks almost (if not) exactly like the normal paypal notifications I get to the same account.

Sorry I didnt look around enough to see if this was posted. I am going back to bed!

JT

wow....come to think of it...it really isn't all that hard to duplicate....and I know if you were aware of it, 10 other people would fall for it..

Doesn't Paypal put your name at the top after 'Dear...'? That should be an easy way to tell the difference between a fake and a genuine.

I don't typically pay much attention to the details of those emails other than who it went to and how much. I know it is easy to do but everything looked very legit. I have never received this type before. It has always been the "Please update your information"

That isn't my address as it is unconfirmed at the bottom. It left me to initially believe my account was hacked and someone charged $200 to my card. I was half asleep so that might have been part of the reason I was duped.

JT

Back