• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24/7 comp usage power consumption?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koontz946

OK so I know there is the Vapochill example in the cooling section, but in order to do that calculation for the actual system I need to know the rough wattage a system consumes.

Does anyone have an idea where to calculate the power consumption of a system based on its components?

Just a quick estimate looking over your specs i would say that your system is going to draw around 350w-400w at full load. I am also including the CRT because i imagine that its pluged into the same surge protector.

hmm ok ill go with 400 cause the calculator says 334 and i have an LCD and CRT monitor both hooked in

reason i needed to know: my dad is ANAL about me having my computer on, and he says now that im back home the electric bill is going to shoot up, yatta yatta yatta.

this way, i can tell him that it will only cost $x.xx more per month to have my system on all the time, so i can give him that money and be done with it

no arguments, DONE!

:p

Well i run several computer in my apt 24/7 and i have found that the average cost if you turn off the CRT when your not using it is around $5-8 a mth so if he is really anal just offer to pay for it.

lol i put in my stuff and it recommends me 350w...my psu is 300w generic lol! Im surprised im holding out

The default selection there is PSU at 80% load. So they recommend a PSU rating that will only be used 80% (I think). So, if you are doing power useage calculations, change that to 100%.

Back