• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Logitech MX518 Question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

I recently bought a logitech MX518 and instaleld the driver software.

I usually run without the driver running and have turned it off in msconfig. I was just wondering what DPI it runs at when the driver is off. Does it run at full 1600? or lower? It feels high but might just want to make sure.

Another question to owners of the mx518. Do you usually play games with the driver running? did you even install the drivers? Without the driver running, i cannot switch dpi using the buttons. but if the drivers are not installed, i can switch the dpi. I am thinking of uninstalling the drivers.

I use setpoint. BTW, you can switch the DPI without drivers, so it may be running at 1600, maybe 800, or maybe even 400hz if you're running without drivers.

I'd definately reccommend getting an accelleration hardfix (disables acceleration in the win32k.sys file) and the USB Polling Rate fix (I run my USB rate at 1khz, most run at 500hz)

check out the links here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3886733&postcount=14

cool. thanks snake. you were just the guy i was looking for to answer my thread since ur review led me to this purchase.

Tyreal said:
cool. thanks snake. you were just the guy i was looking for to answer my thread since ur review led me to this purchase.

Score.

I'm turning into the forums hitler LOL

Cool. It worked fine. Im gonna go and test it out right now.

hmm. What are the negative effects of this? What does the polling rate fix actually do?
I used that patcher to set mine to 1000 hz/1khz.

i have my mx518 just plugged it in and go - i never used the driver softwarwe because it seems to always screw up key binding's in games.

Back