• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell just ****ed me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
dell just skreweded me

well dell just skrewed me for bout $260.. they charged me an extra $210 and my bank will charge me $50 for going to -50! :mad:
i bought 5 usb 2.0 thumb drives off them.. for $20 a piece when they're regularly $40, so totall was $100 plus some for shipping, i had a $100 dell coupon (gcard) which i used and had to pay like $1 something for shipping

ya.. here's the freakin invoice they sent

256 MB High Speed USB 2.0 Memory Key Qty: 5
Unit Price: $39.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 50% off Select E&A items!
Expires on 2005-09-29 10:59:59 - $97.50

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Dell Home Customers: Shipping & Handling Charges.
Expires on 2005-09-29 10:59:59 - $4.40

Dell Home Customer: This code is good for $100 off any order of at least $100.01.
Expires on 2006-03-01 05:59:00 - $97.50

Sub-Total $0.00
Shipping Discount -$4.40

Shipping and Handling $1.10

Estimated Tax $0.07
Total $1.17

now, today i get home home and my mom's screaming at me because my bank acct is NEGATIVE!..
well i went online and here's the CRAP THEY PULLEd

5 256MB Dell USB 2.0 Memory Key,Customer Install $39.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total $195.00
Shipping $1.10
Tax $11.77
Total Price $207.87

and thats what they charged me after they charged me the first time

i just tried to call them but customer service aint open, only sales! how convenient

so i have to wait monday before i can give them hell

but how retarded is this?

Last edited:
Ouch dude, I know how it feels. I use my moms bank account for paypal. and she gets angry when her balance is negative. I just tell her I ordered something, hand her cash, she deposits it and is happy. But dude, it would suck because im guessing it was several hundred below zero?

I really hate dell. I hope I dont get trouble ordering my 2005FPW.

My friend once ordered a laptop, and they cancelled it 3 times because he was taking it to another country. and my friend was on the customer service line. They said they are sorry but they cant sell it to him. He goes "This is pathetic, **** you" Then hangs up

Overclocker550 said:
they owe you a refund plus the $50 bank fees or you may want to sue them!

Easier said than done and will cost ALOT more than $50 to retain a lawyer. You've probably not hired a lawyer lately :rolleyes:

When he calms down he should call a Dell supervisor and see where he is at that point. With any vendor speaking to them kindly goes further than barking at them. You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar so they say

Silversinksam said:
You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar so they say

Its true, I've tried it.

They should credit your account, plus the fees that you incured.

Maybe consider a bank account with overdraft protection, or develop better finical responsiblity.

Never run your bank account close to $0, ever.

Well it seems that he had about a $150 cushion there, not bad depending on how old he is... he was in fact only gonna spend about $2

yeah def call dell ASAP... talk nice too.

mdameron said:
Well it seems that he had about a $150 cushion there, not bad depending on how old he is... he was in fact only gonna spend about $2

yeah def call dell ASAP... talk nice too.
this is correct...
and the other day i deposited $150 :)
im not blowin my $$$...just bills, bills and somore bills

If you sue Dell, they are the ones gonna need a lawer. I have read that Dell is going downhill with their business practices and customer support. I will not reccomend Dell to anyone

Overclocker550 said:
If you sue Dell, they are the ones gonna need a lawer. I have read that Dell is going downhill with their business practices and customer support. I will not reccomend Dell to anyone

You do realize that all big bussinesses have laywers on the payroll.

Its no skin off their back.

Plus its only $200. If you call you can fix it, there is no need for a laywer.

Overclocker550 said:

That's what Dell support and Dell supervisors are there for, always best to start with them and see where you are at.
On a sidenote....
If the person lives close to me I recommend DELL, if they are far away and there is no possibility they can ask me to come over to help them fix their PC I recommend they don't buy a DELL :santa: :p :p

Silversinksam said:
That's what Dell support and Dell supervisors are there for, always best to start with them and see where you are at.
On a sidenote....
If the person lives close to me I recommend DELL, if they are far away and there is no possibility they can ask me to come over to help them fix their PC I recommend they don't buy a DELL :santa: :p :p

Yea, I hear service and support is pretty bad, but they are hard to beat for the price.

Probally the best value around, if you don't buy the warranty or expect any help from phone support.

Overclocker550 said:

If you sue Dell you have to pay a retainer for the laywer to even begin to start filing a notice to Dell. I would proboly cost him at least a $1000 to even notify Dell that they are in fact having legal action brought against them.

Do you really think he would even know how to even begin to file a claim against Dell? I am sorry I do not mean to be an *** here but seriously it drives me nuts when people say "SUE THEM OVER $40". Unless you are already wealthy to begin with and you are pursuing legal action for the principal of it I would strongly suggest you just talk with the company.

Also I would just like to say that when people do sue a large company they simply attempt to drag out the court case as long as possible in an effort to bankrupt the plantiff and effectively ending the case. Afterall lawyers get paid by the hour and not by the case :D.

i think for the most part the whole "sue them for all the are worth" is kinda a joke..

Ad Rock said:
If you sue Dell you have to pay a retainer for the laywer to even begin to start filing a notice to Dell. I would proboly cost him at least a $1000 to even notify Dell that they are in fact having legal action brought against them.

Do you really think he would even know how to even begin to file a claim against Dell? I am sorry I do not mean to be an *** here but seriously it drives me nuts when people say "SUE THEM OVER $40". Unless you are already wealthy to begin with and you are pursuing legal action for the principal of it I would strongly suggest you just talk with the company.

Also I would just like to say that when people do sue a large company they simply attempt to drag out the court case as long as possible in an effort to bankrupt the plantiff and effectively ending the case. Afterall lawyers get paid by the hour and not by the case :D.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. As far as "sueing" goes like everyone said that is really not an option. Your only chance that you have of "sueing" a company is taking them to small claims court for disputes of under $1000. Going to small claims court is free and both parties must represent themselves (no lawyers allowed). However you could only sue Dell in small claims court if you lived in Texas since Dell is centralized in Texas. This at least is what one of my Marketing professors told our class about. Apparently he ordered 2 computers with rebates and was not allowed to redeam either of the rebates. He sent them a notice about sueing them in small claims court and dell quickly gave him what he wanted. This is all what my Marketing professor told our class and I have reason to believe that it is mostly accurate. If anyone finds any problems with what I listed, please correct me.

Well, I just checked and MI has a $3000 cap on small claims actions. Also, as was mentioned, lawyers are indeed not allowed in small claims court. As for having to go to Texas, if I'm remembering correctly, if they do business in your state, you can serve them for suit in your state, not theirs, though I'm not positive.

In any case, call them up, explain the situation and ask them to talk to your bank to have them remove the overlimit charge as it was due to Dell making a mistake. If your bank won't do that, ask Dell to pay for the charge as it was their mistake that resulted in it occuring.

uber duber!
i called them up and she said she cant do anything else i get the $100 concesion coupon code ~ which i couldnt access after i added to my dell acount! i bought it of xeno a month or two ago... so what do i do now?
ill start buy pm'ing xeno and asking if he has it.. still its BS.. the coupon was used up when dell did the first transaction

Back