• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I OC my Pentium4 3.0GHz with the P4S800D-X Motherboard? Plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beginner_Ray

How can I OC my Pentium4 3.0GHz with the P4S800D-X Motherboard?
Can this motherboard be overclocked?
Plz help

P4S800D-X
Pentium4 3.0GHZ
512mb x2 (PC3200)
Pny 6600GT

Have you searched the forums and also have you taken a gander in your BIOS? Exactly where are you getting stumped? I've heard on the ASUS boards you need to use +/- to change the FSB... be more specific with your questions.
Also, we have pretty similar setups, sans the mobos... Don't expect a huge OC on the stock heatsink... I got to 3.2GHz and at full load it was at 62 celsius. Keep that in mind, I recommend the xp90 or xp90c because of the performance and broad-ranged compatibility. Check the thermalright site for compatibility info.

look on the manufacturer website as well... I have an asus (see my sig) and it comes with an auto overclocking feature in the bios.

Jdrake90

I can't help you with your specific board.

I am however running a P4 3.0 at 3.6 with a stock HSF right now and having no issues whatsoever. I will be upgrading to an XP90C in the near future however.

This is on a P5AD2E.

Back