• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Copperhead For Sale!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Prodigious said:
I'll stick with the G5 thank you very much ;)(I hate Razer mouse styling)

To each is own I suppose. I used to be a fan of Logitech mice, but they only seem to get bigger and bigger over time.

deception``

logitech mouses hurt my wrist and put it at too much of an incline where as razer mouses keep my wrist straight.

-1cem4n

deception`` said:
To each is own I suppose. I used to be a fan of Logitech mice, but they only seem to get bigger and bigger over time.

deception``

Well, you have to make the mouse bigger if you want to add more buttons.

{PMS}fishy said:
Well, you have to make the mouse bigger if you want to add more buttons.
...they reduced the number of buttons for the g5 and g7. And, fyi the copperhead added buttons, so I don't know what you're talking about.

And on a final note, how are the mouses getting bigger and bigger? With the exception of the mx1000 all mx mouses are the same size. Mx510 and mx518 are identical exception for the higher dpi and dpi switching function. The g5 and g7 are the same size as the mx518 except with one side button instead of two, the obvious laser and little side power/dpi readout, and the weight/battery cartdrige in the bottom.

The g mice simply look bigger because most of the shots are taken at a wierd angle. however, they are aesthetically identical(ignoring the color scheme) to the mx518, which happens to be the perfect sized mouse imo.

i would NOT buy the copperhead yet. it has had many issues and razer mice have a tendancy to have nasty problems that are hardware related and can't be fixed with firmware upgrades.

Last edited:
Prodigious said:
And on a final note, how are the mouses getting bigger and bigger? With the exception of the mx1000 all mx mouses are the same size. Mx510 and mx518 are identical exception for the higher dpi and dpi switching function. The g5 and g7 are the same size as the mx518 except with one side button instead of two, the obvious laser and little side power/dpi readout, and the weight/battery cartdrige in the bottom.

Back in the day, MOST of Logitech's mice followed the thin, 'contour-type' shape, even up to the MX 300. After that, their mice carried a larger shape. I have used the Dual Optical, MX 500, 510, 700, 518, and 1000; however, I find that these mice are too big for my personal tastes. Sure, it works for some, but others prefer the feel of a slightly-smaller, thinner mouse.

No offense, but I am tired of removing the weights from every Logitech mouse I buy.

deception``

the g5 has a weight cartrige that slides out so you can customize it. it comes with the mouse. the razer has an aditional "mod" package that is supposed to come to the market sometime soon with a similar weight change thing, BUT with razer you void your warranty if you use the mod package. logitech's just slides out the bottom

like i said before, hold on to your cash for now. some of the issues that have shown up on razer's forums are

-lag with fast movement (seems fixed with the newest beta, but not for sure)
-does not actually perform at 1000hz
-can't press 2 buttons at the same time

right now, i think the g5 is a better (tested) mouse at a much cheaper price.

edit: another thing to consider is warranty. in my experience, logitech warranty service is excellent. razer's sucks.

Last edited:
On a personal note, the mx518/g5/etc is the perfect size mouse for me. It fits my hands perfectly. I guess for someone with "carny" hands it's not too comfortable(I kid, I kid), but I love it.

yeah i was excited too. then people started getting them from overseas and those problems started cropping up. seeing as how most of the razer line had nagging problems that couldn't be fixed (with the exception of the plasma, since it fixed the diamondbacks pixel skipping), i think i'll wait and see. i also am very unhappy with the price of the razer.

the other thing that gave me a bad taste of razer is their warranty support. they only warranty products purchased through their store. they eventually agreed to help me, but its been really slow.

I played with this mouse at QuakeCon and it's to small for my taste. I also tried the MX518 there and ended up buying one. So if you don't like small mice you might not like this one.

Back