• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Drive Copying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solo3021

Registered
Does anyone know of a program or utility that will allow you to copy all contents of one harddrive to another including the registry and mbr? Pretty much, to clone all the contents onto another harddrive. Very similar to ghosting a harddrive image, but the drives are different sizes. I'm trying to get all the files and settings off a 30 GB and move it to a 120GB without losing any settings.

Ghost will do it, so will DD.

Then you will need to grow the partition. There are a few utilities that can help you do that.

{PMS}fishy said:
Ghost will do it, so will DD.

Then you will need to grow the partition. There are a few utilities that can help you do that.

Like what?

Another program that I would look into is,

Acronis True Image 8.0

It is sold for $30 at newegg and can be downloaded from the website. I love this program.

VinnyTAMU said:
Another program that I would look into is,

Acronis True Image 8.0

It is sold for $30 at newegg and can be downloaded from the website. I love this program.
Yes, I also recommend Acronis True Image. It is a fantastic program. If you create an image of a partition using this program, you can restore the image to a partition of any size (as long as it is big enough).

Back