• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT vs X850 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Which one would provide better preformance, im looking to upgrade from a 9500 Pro for CoD2. I will be doing almost ZERO OC'ing of the video card as I never got into that (CPU = different story). Also my system is AGP and absolutly no plans of upgrade to PCI-e in the next 2-3 years.

The X800XT because they are almost the same card except the X850 has 4 pipelines disabled.

nope..... just marketing and perhaps some problems getting aftermarket coolers to fit.

Ok many of you have probably seen the card prices on ZFF, so next question how much difference is there between the X800 XT & X800 XT PE?

Archer36 said:
Ok, now for some reason the X800XT AIWs are cheaper than the regular X800XT is there a reason?
Not really, you're getting a X800XT with a b-b-b-b-b-bonus of AIW features. ;)
That X800XT AIW deal has been around for a while, it's pretty good.

Basically the memory on the PE is rated higher so it runs at 560 apposed to the xts 500. The clock is also 20Hz higher on the PE but i dont think the price difference is worth since you can easily oc it to an unnoticeable difference. Also the xts availability is better i believe and you can also get eh x800xt aiw like you said for 300ish from what Ive seen. good luck

Difference between the cards at stock.

x850 pro = x800pro with looser ram timings and higher clocks
x850xt=x800xt with same difference as above.

Go with the x800xt as it is a better card becuase it has 16pipes as opposed to 12.

Ok thanks guys really helped make up my mind. Now just have to wait 3-4 weeks for a few checks to enter the bank, maybe ill catch a nice deal in that time.

Ok, for the X800XT AIW im looking at 325.00 shipped, and i found the Sapphire X800 XT PE OEM for 335.00 shipped. Would it be worth 10.00 to hop up to the Sapphire X800 XT PE? I highly doubt i would use the AIW featuers anyways, what do you guys think?

That would be two weeks of work plus a 6 hour PHP coding job going twoard this card, is it worth it?

In theory the PE version might OC better. I am not sure which would bring better resale value.

Back