• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

I see all these post about these uber mice, (mouse).
G5/G7, MX 500, 510, 700, 518, and 1000. I read that those are for gaming. FPS games to be exact.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the Microsoft TrackBall mouse?

I assume you all turn fast with a regular mouse, but how on earth does it turn faster, or better than with a trackball mouse?

No one really talks about trackballs because people simply dont use them that much. I used to be a hardcore trackball user (my dad had a couple a really nice ones, forgot what brand they were though). Slowly but surely, however, I switch to the more traditional mouse, as I found that it was more presice for me.

I think you have more control over the handheld mouse over the trackball...how many gamers at tournaments do you see with trackballs? Very few if any, that is why no one markets a gaming trackball mouse.

I have a trackball by Logitech. Good for word processing and the like, poor for gaming. The whole unit moves when you 'hurry'.

9mmCensor said:
Trackballs are different. People don’t like change.

lol. I think you might be partially right with that 9mm. :)

I used to use a very nice Kensington trackball for gaming, but once I started to get the hang of Quake 3 Arena (my first multiplayer FPS), I ditched it cause I didn't have enough of a "hold" upon the control of my character. I that having a grip on a mouse and using my entire hand to aim and look around helps me to keep an eye out for other players and aim much better than before.

I used to use this one

this is my first post with a 518 and i LOVE it!! i have yet to game with it...(BFG 7800GT on the way and zipzoom is a lot slower than the egg (mouse = egg, card = zipzoom) but ill keep ya updated.) the ON-the-mouse resolution changes KICK ***!

Last edited:
Back