• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Startup Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twiggz

My computer has all the sudden decided everytime i turn it on that it wants to stop the start up process and tell me it's running fail-safe mode please recheck cmos.. Press F1 to continue (as normal) or DEL to enter bios... This is getting annoying how can i turn this back off ?

have you gone into bios, reset it to default, save the changes, rebooted, then went back in and made the changes taht you need to?

also, try not overclocking and see if you still get those error prompts

I tried loading fail safe defaults and optimized defaults and it's still doing it.. it was sounding an alarm for lack of cpu fan cus im on water but i turned it off... but everytime i restart it will beep at me once just before it askes me those options and it never let out a beep before.

No because the computer works fine i still have all my overclocks and performance it's just when i turn on the computer it beeps and asks me to press F1 or DEL... if flashing the bios is the fix than ill just press F1 and get over it LOL

bios flash isnt as nightmarish as you think.. they also cotain improvements that usually result in better stability ..

not saying that you need to, but i was just curious if you did so..

is there a option to that says halt on errors? or something of that sort? I know for my bios, when it's reseted back to default settings, it is enabled, and because i don't use the fan connectors on the motherboard, it complains cpu fan fail.
So I had to turn off the option to halt on errors in the bios to let it boot by itself.

Thanks Dc5e you figured it out for me :p, it was set to Halt on all but Keyboard and i changed it to halt on nothing and it works and i believe it was due to the same thing my cpu fan not being plugged in.

Back