• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on PWD2 PREMIUM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

afs

Registered
Hi ,friends

I have four CD writers plus one SATA HDD, i want to change my mobo ,cpu and mem form p4p800 to p5dw2 premium, i read the manual to see how can i attach these into the new mobo, but unfortunateky i found out that there is only one blue ide connector for the south bridge.

The ITE chipset has 2 red connectors but the manual says it does not support ATAPI devices ? I dont know what that means, but i guess it has no support for my cd writer devices,

if i'm correct what shall i do?

I am using one DVD ROM on the Intel ICH7R IDE port and two DVD RW's on the ITE IDE ports without a problem, the only way the ITE controller doesn't support ATAPI devices is that you can't boot from DVD/CD ROM drives that are connected to the ITE controller to install install an operating system, but if you use a DVD/CD ROM drive that is connected to the ICH7R IDE port to install the operating system there is no problem.

Hope this helps!

Back