• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't get this stable at all...I've gotta be doing something wrong.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Well,
I just get my new motherboard finally, A DFI Ultra-D (I'm loving this thing up btw) and I've been trying to get my overclock stable so I can finally put my tower together and call it a day (Or almost 2 weeks now =/). I've managed to start with baby steps and work my way up to a stable overclock of 260x10 1:1 with 2.87vdimm, timings of 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 7 (Heading towards DDR600 with x9 multi) and 1.55vcore (Just incase - I used to run 250x11 with 1.55vcore stable so its good through 2.75ghz). Now...we all know that 260x10 is a small overclock, not to shabby for just starting off. The second I put it at 261x10..it fails prime within one minute. 261 - 270x10 fails prime within one minute. Kinda like 260 is like a big wall...So i upped my vdimm to 3.0 (3.07v actual) and ran 270x10 through prime, failed in 1 hour 38 minutes. This leads me to believe I need to change up a few settings in my bios to get this stable...it would be much appricated for your insights. Once I get home I'll post my timings & settings. Thanks in advance.

san diego's memory controller is a bit trickier compared to other CPUs

my set of LE will do 320 2.5-4-3-7 on my venice but when i have it on my sandiego 3700+ won't even hold 280-290..

some things u can try to give u better stability.. try disabling bank interleaving and set DQS to decrease 96 and see whether that helps

ziggo0 said:
Well,
I just get my new motherboard finally, A DFI Ultra-D (I'm loving this thing up btw) and I've been trying to get my overclock stable so I can finally put my tower together and call it a day (Or almost 2 weeks now =/). I've managed to start with baby steps and work my way up to a stable overclock of 260x10 1:1 with 2.87vdimm, timings of 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 7 (Heading towards DDR600 with x9 multi) and 1.55vcore (Just incase - I used to run 250x11 with 1.55vcore stable so its good through 2.75ghz). Now...we all know that 260x10 is a small overclock, not to shabby for just starting off. The second I put it at 261x10..it fails prime within one minute. 261 - 270x10 fails prime within one minute. Kinda like 260 is like a big wall...So i upped my vdimm to 3.0 (3.07v actual) and ran 270x10 through prime, failed in 1 hour 38 minutes. This leads me to believe I need to change up a few settings in my bios to get this stable...it would be much appricated for your insights. Once I get home I'll post my timings & settings. Thanks in advance.

Increase the Vcore.

Trying to Prime now with slightly looser settings...bank interleave off, DQS is on Decrease, 3.07vdimm, and i bumped my vcore up to 1.584v. Hopefully this does the trick...

Ok...I let it prime while I was working out back, It made it through roughly 6 hours then I closed it to relax and play some games for a while. Once I was going to bed I restarted my computer for a nice good restart, started prime95 and woke up to it failing in 1 and a half hours. It seems stable...not slow...no random lockups or crashes/bsods. All the games I play run stable including BF2. Im priming it again @ 3.1vdimm...up from 3.0.

Back