• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz plat el rev 2 voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanlopez4550

Registered
i got my ram at like 235 or something 2324 timings at 3 volts.

it was a little unstable at this speed with 2.9

three doesnt seem to bad to me but what would yall say?

Hmmm base on the Vdimm that you provided these are most likely earlier revisions of TCC5's.

TCC5's like Vdimm much better then TCCD's and I had mines all the way up to 3.2V but I wouldn't suggest that you do that since I had them active cooled with 2x80mm fans/73CFM's each.

So if you try to push farther then 3V the you must active cool them even though you should be doing it in the first place.

Try the timings of 2.5-3-3-7 and 2.5-4-3-8 as a last resort.

Right now I got mine running 270x10 1:1 2.5 - 4 - 4 - 7 (On my way to DDR600) with 3.07vdimm (3.0vdimm in bios, 3.07v read)

ryanlopez4550 said:
i got my ram at like 235 or something 2324 timings at 3 volts.

it was a little unstable at this speed with 2.9

three doesnt seem to bad to me but what would yall say?

check your sticker.. see whether there is a 1.1 in it

TCCD don't scale as high with CAS2.. loosen it to 2.5 and it will go higher

i've ran TCCD up to 3.1v before.. but i wouldn't recommend it for 24/7 usage

just give it decent air flow around the dimms..

RedDragonXXX said:
Hmmm base on the Vdimm that you provided these are most likely earlier revisions of TCC5's.

TCC5's like Vdimm much better then TCCD's and I had mines all the way up to 3.2V but I wouldn't suggest that you do that since I had them active cooled with 2x80mm fans/73CFM's each.

So if you try to push farther then 3V the you must active cool them even though you should be doing it in the first place.

Try the timings of 2.5-3-3-7 and 2.5-4-3-8 as a last resort.
I thought TCC5's like less voltage compaired to TCCD's? Anyways i have pc3200 plats rev2 v1.1 those tcc5?

actually, i hit 289mhz at 2.5-4-3-7 with my rev2 plats. odd thing is the sweet spot was 2.7 to 2.8V. going 2.9V gave errors, and so did 2.6V.

And i too could swear i heard one of the ocz reps say on a forum that tcc5 do not like high volts at all.

You guys are confusing TCCD's with TCC5's, trust me cause I tested both of them.

TCC5's run on slightly looser timings and like higher voltages.

TCCD's don't even respond to high Vdimm.

excuse my ignorance if i'm wrong, but isn't TCC5 and TCCD the same chips, only TCCD are speed binned?

so perhaps you got different results just by fluke. maybe some tcc5/tccd like voltage, and others (such as mine) dont. 2.8V, no errors in memtest 86+. all i do is bump up to 2.9V, i get 300+ errors. this is on TCC5.

Tiesto said:
excuse my ignorance if i'm wrong, but isn't TCC5 and TCCD the same chips, only TCCD are speed binned?

so perhaps you got different results just by fluke. maybe some tcc5/tccd like voltage, and others (such as mine) dont. 2.8V, no errors in memtest 86+. all i do is bump up to 2.9V, i get 300+ errors. this is on TCC5.

TCC5 and TCCD's are different chips but both come from Samsung. I'm not the only one that was forced to use high Vdimm on TCC5's to hit high freq. I seen lot of people with TCC5's especially Platn Rev 2's doing 3V.

RedDragonXXX said:
TCC5 and TCCD's are different chips...

They are the identical IC.

TCC5 is officaly rated 33mhz slower than TCCD. That is the only difference.

From I got form testing both of them it's a matter on which PCB's they run on.

Wtih BP's that OCZ used on their Pltn Rev 2/TCC5's they clocked up in DDR600's on avg.

My Corsair XL/TCC5's which run on different PCB's got to 290MHz with loose timings of 2.5-4-4-8 with 3.2V and TCCD's that I had didn't come close to that and didn't respond to anything above 2.8V.

Also same thing with G-Skills, most of their high class TCCD stick like LE's dont take anything higher then 2.8V, 2.9V at max.

Back