• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future Rig: $40 leftover.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vcstrike

I'm trying to think what I should spend the little bit of extra money on. I'm thinking of getting some TCCD ram instead of the Plat edition. Any suggestions?

Please don't mention beer. (Aside from the fact that I'm 15 every time I hear someone mention beer I think about it too much and then I really want some :D) But.. I'm trying to think.. I know better ram would be good but so would better cooling, video card, case, pretty much everything but I'm not sure what to do with it.

If those are the parts you are going to use in your sig...I'd say that you are looking pretty good already. Why not spend the money on a VGA cooler?

Can you guys recommend some VGA coolers? I've never done one before and if you could post a guide to it that'd be great too :)

Hehe I'm not allowed to drink hard alcohol :( but I think I might buy the VGA cooler. Maybe the 700 copper thing by Zalman.

vcstrike said:
I'm trying to think what I should spend the little bit of extra money on. I'm thinking of getting some TCCD ram instead of the Plat edition. Any suggestions?

That ram is TCCD.

vcstrike said:
I thought it was TCC5?

Either way its the same stuff.

OCZ said that they switched back to TCCD.

I had 3200 TCC5 and TCCD, both ran over 290 FSB in an Intel.

Okay then I guess I'm set on memory. I think I'll get the VGA cooler.

I'm gonna get the evga one since i'll be replacing the cooler. I think it's around 300.

As Darik said, scrape up a few more bucks to get a 7800 GT. It's WAY faster than a 6800 GT. I've owned both :p 40-80% faster at equal or higher quality/resolution settings.

Back