• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 with a cd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Des1017

I dont have a floppy drive anymore, havent had a need for one.. was wondering if i could use a cd instead?

I have never done it, but I don't see why not. Just load the memtest 86 and boot files in the CD and set yur bios to boot from the CD. It should work, but I thought the Titanic was unsinkable.:) In any case, it can't hurt to try.

i run it from CD. I haven't used a 3.5" drive since maybe 2000. It boots faster (not that it matters, lol), and stores a lot longer (magnetic media tends to have short life expectancy)

I've used a bootable CD for memtest86 for a while. I can't believe that floppy drives are still being used. I was kinda upset when I found out that my SATA drivers and stuff were on a floppy disk for my DFI mainboard. I have to use my old floppy from 1990 (I'm not kidding either) when I need to floppy disks.

Just get the bootable ISO and burn it to a CD....... I've never used memtest on a floppy and don't have a floppy in any of my computers.

Back