• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats limiting my OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
well, since my other thread isnt getting any attention i thought id post here :)

im fully stable @ 4.1ghz 1.425v on 14x multi
when i try 4.2ghz.. on 1.425 pcmark04 runs but doesnt give me a number.. if i bump it up to 1.45+ and my computer plain restarts!
i lowered the multi to 15x and tried 4.2 but 3dmark exits due to error meaning its not getting enough juice.. so i tried 1.45 and same thing ~ computer restarts!

btw.. under load my chip droops to 1.34-7

so is my board keeping me back, my chip, or my psu!?
do i need a droopi mod

btw, i unplugged a few things and this still happened so im guessin its the board.. fishy's thinkin the chip is flat out maxed.. but i find it wierd that i cant pump a litttle more voltage through it

Could be the PSU or inadequate cooling. Then again, you may have hit the limits of the CPU itself. It may have reached its maximum.

LordDarik said:
Maybe the Bluestorm?
as i said, i dont think so because i tried unplugging a few things yet this still happened! maybe ill plug in my 6600gt and unplug EVERYTHing and see where im at them

Back