• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1twelve2

Am i the only person who has Kingston HyperX RAM? i hear everybody talking about this OCZ and Ballistix stuff... whats that all about? Is Kingston not good RAM? I ask all these questions because im thinking od buying more RAM 2 512 sticks, or should i buy another kind of RAM?

EDIT: Oh, and is the jump from 1Gb to 2Gb a noticeable difference? like with gaming/photoshop stuff?

Kingston puts out decent RAM but as of lately they have been laging behind.

With 2GB you will totaly notice a difference. I jumped from 1GB to 2GB month ago and load times in BF2 have sky rocketed and I'm always the first guy to get into the server after the map switch. Also able to run on all high settings because with 1GB doing high textures is just not possible without getting occasionally lag.

IMO, Kingston makes the best value ram on the market today (with Corsair being a close second). Theri high-end products haven't been able to keep up with the more recognizable brands (OCZ, Mushkin, etc...). However, their older Hyper-X, especially the BH5 stuff, is top notch stuff which delivers great performance. Kingston is all I have ever used! I've had this same 1GB set span across 3 platforms (NF2, 3, and 4) and it has performed fantastically on all of them.

Back