• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Winbond CH-Type UTT Now Extinct (as is PC4000 Redline)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Just a heads up to future buyers and current owners: our high clocking CH type UTT is no longer available. Infineon has been scaling back since June and now the chips are all but extinct.

No future shipments will be made of our PC4000 Redline sticks to any major resellers and we are out at Mushkin HQ (as I was told so today)

I wish I had better news to bring.

scooter787b said:
question is? whats next?
Nothing yet :( Most likely this is the end of the line for DDR1 as most MFGs are preping for Socket m2 and the wide adoptation of DDR2 in early 2006

Wow this stinks, but hopefully there will be a replacement of sorts.

Probably a stupid question: Has Mushkin attempted to aggressively speed-bin the BH-quality UTT? Perhaps they can use highly binned BH-quality ICs as replacements.

All of my DDR1 is going to become xmas tree ornaments, /tear :eh?: I knew the fancy heatspreaders were good for something..

Back