• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mic not working well in CS, is it my IC7-G?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Milan

Registered
Well guys I'm trying to get my mic to work in CS source, but even though it works it sounds all staticy and ****ty. If I use the mic for anything else it works perfectly fine but in CS for some reason it sucks.

I have a normal mic for a computer and I have the mic on my webcam, and they both work fine in everything except for CS. I've read that the onboard sound for the IC7-G is garbage, and I am using the onboard sound, so do you think it's my motherboard?

Anyone else have this problem?

If the onboard sound was at fault, everything would sound bad. Im willing to bet that its the game. I dont play CS:S (im a BF2 man), so check if theres a setting that allows you to increase the bandwidth for your mic, so it sounds better for your teammates.

hazmatt87 said:
If the onboard sound was at fault, everything would sound bad. Im willing to bet that its the game. I dont play CS:S (im a BF2 man), so check if theres a setting that allows you to increase the bandwidth for your mic, so it sounds better for your teammates.

Yeah CS:S supposedly has a lot of problems with mics working, but so does my mobo so I don't know which it is. I tried all the voice settings in source I was told to try but none of them helped.

had some problems with it in the past but got it to work with some console commands. go on the steampowered forums and search for mics problems. since u say it works right with everything else it must be your connection settings are too high or low in the console it can cause distortion and voice lag. tweak those and see what happens.

mine i are:
rate 20000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 100

if that doesn't work there are some sound commands that might get it working right.

Back