• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new MB and CPU compatability !!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigeasy2218

Registered
I am going to be building me a new system and I have the P5P800 in mind and I was wondering about processors I have the P4 640 in mind for the CPU would this work with the board ? this will mostly be used for video editing and image editing and some games but not much

it will also be paired with 1 gig of ram 200 gig hard drive and maybe a X800xt card

ok update I will be getting my stuff on wed. I went with the above pieces I mentioned.. now I have read that I might need to update my BIOs , I read on Asus website that the board supports everything this chip has to offer but the 2MB cache memory. can someone let me know if this is true that I should update or if it will be ok, this PC is going to be for my home office and maybe a few games here and there

i dont doubt that it will work fine. but surely you should have gotten a motherboard that fully supported your cpu... why would you get a motherboard that states clearly it has some incompatibility?

i know you just said you got the parts already but... i think we really dropped the ball here in not advising you sooner on what parts you should be getting...

Back