• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will pc4200 and pc3200 work together ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

hey all,

i just ordered a 2 gig OCZ kit for my best rig, now i'll have the pc4200 leftover.

Now i'm wondering how it will work if i put 2x512 pc3200, and the 2x512 pc4200 in my Neo 2 ?

dicecca112 said:
it'll work, but it will run at pc3200 speeds.
ya i figured as much. will it atleast run at 400mhz ? i heard if you use 4 sticks it will only run at 333 ... oh and do you know how i can figure out the speed it will run at with 10x270 with the 166 divider ? the pc3200 apparently will only do 230 mhz or so, and i would prefer not tomhave to run a 133 divider ;) basically i just want to run my current cpu OC at atleast 400 fsb.

edit: current OC is 270x10 1:1

whenever you mix and match memory, if they are compatible (sometimes you'll find that some memory doesn't play well with others) you'll only clock as fast as the weakest stick. If you want to mix and match the ram don't be surprised if you lose some performance and definately don't be surprised if the two sets don't work together.

Back