• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinRAR bench test RAM dependent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
Quick ???

Does having 2GB of RAM vs 1GB of RAM at the same speeds have any effect on WinRAR bench score? I have a friend that has 2x512 RAM 1:1 @ 305mhz and the same proc as mine, but he is only getting 500's score, i'm getting 700's ??!?!

I just ran the benchmark and scored a 814. I tried a few different settings and found that latency had a large influence on the results. I scored better with 263 tight than 270 with slightly relaxed timings.

Maybe it's just me, but I think single cores do better then dual cores for that winrar bench.

I have a skt754 3400+ and it's only bumped up 250mhz from stock speeds of 2.2ghz. And I only have Corsair Value ram running at stock timings, but I still get 621 on the bench.

darksparkz said:
Maybe it's just me, but I think single cores do better then dual cores for that winrar bench.

I have a skt754 3400+ and it's only bumped up 250mhz from stock speeds of 2.2ghz. And I only have Corsair Value ram running at stock timings, but I still get 621 on the bench.

actually, dual cores do better, as if you get 621 that's your total. if you run 2 instances you would get a combined total of 621. My total with one instance is 734. However, if I run 2 instances, i get 692 on each. which is a total of 1384. single cores are good for 1 instance, but if you were to open something else while running this, you would lose half the bandwidth. :)

Back