• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What ram to go with 754 mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowschild

Registered
Hello,

I read the sticky about which ram to buy, but I still need to ask a more specific question.

I'm looking to overclock a sempron (palermo) 2800+ with an asus K8N4-E deluxe (nforce4-x chipset) and I need either 2 sticks of 512 or 1 stick of 1024 to run at MINIMUM 250fsb, preferably higher (i'd love 275)

I need to order by tomorrow and I will most likely take the crucial 3200 512mb ballistix 2-2-2-5 ram.

The only constraint is that I live in canada and can only order from the follow websites:

www.tigerdirect.ca
www.ncix.com

Please post your overclock experience with whatever ram to help me decide please.

Cheers,

IMHO, I would get a 1gb stick of vanilla Ballistix pc4000. That would be the best choice that you can make.

2x512mb. eh. Dual channel is great but the only ones that I have seen is Redlines that gets great latencies.

Back