• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh no someone stole the optical mouse ball!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

Today in English we were in the computer lab and we were all working. The teacher is complaining and I listen in, she is talking about why anyone would want to steal a mouse ball and stuff. She keeps goin and I look down and she is fighting the mouse and is talking about mouse balls again. So I look around...

all of the computers have optical mice.

I sigh and keep working, people start asking her what is going on and she is telling people someone stole the mouse ball out of her mouse and stuff. I finally decide to go over and ask what the deal is, her mouse is flyin around the screen and she is talkin about how someone stole her mouse ball.

I tell her optical mice don't have balls, and she is like "yes they do".

I pick it up and look inside, someone used a pen or something and punched out the little sensor. I try to explain to her and she says, in a very loud wominish firm voice

"No Kyle i'm sorry, your wrong, that's just the way it is accept it"

Poor lady :shrug:

Did you eplain to her that she is more than likely the nicest person alive, and that she is propably also very happy?

(Minor details: Nice means ignorant, and ignorance is bliss)

That's the thing that got me I was being as nice as I could!

I used to work over in the elementry school and I delt with oddball things like this all of the time and when I was nice the teachers were like "OH!" and wanted to know more.

This one just hated me :-/.

Well just accept it. Some people think they know everything when they really dont have a clue.

No, I mean. You say that the teacher is "very nice"

If she's an English teacher, she SHOULD get it.

if she doesn't get it, she isn't a good English teacher :)

Elif Tymes said:
No, I mean. You say that the teacher is "very nice"

If she's an English teacher, she SHOULD get it.

if she doesn't get it, she isn't a good English teacher :)

I like the way you think LOL

but really, just ignore her.

LOL, you know those marble mouses, with the one big ball in the middle, Our video editing computer had one on it, so when he didnt want us using it when he was away, he would lock up the ball ( I would just bring my usb lappy mouse). Well one day when he was gone, he forgot to take the ball out of the mouse. We had a subistute teacher that day. The floors in his room are linouleam or whatever. We tried to see if it bounced, and it DID! :clap: It bounced like a golf ball on concrete. So we started bouncing it around to each other, then one kid got it, and tried to do a superbounce with it. It took a huge chunk out of the side of it. We were all like "OH NOES" LOL The five of us got detention LOL :D

It was one of these:

127.gif

I want to make a keychain out of that mouseball, my mom still uses hers though so i can't just trash it.

-1cem4n

ThePerfectCore said:
Standard issue chick mentality.

"If I repeat it enough times, it'll come true!"

Seriously haha, now if it was a guy he would either admitted it or flat out got in his face Lmao.

millhouse said:
Well just accept it. Some people think they know everything when they really dont have a clue.
That statement could possibly be the under-statement of the year.

Anyone who thinks that women have a lock on that type of behavior need to spend a month or so admining my employer's network. Yes, it is true that women have made some of the more comical errors but the guys have made more than their share too. Some of the stuff that guys have done include:

Not turning the computer on and then reporting that it did not work. When I got there and turned it on, I was met with "I did not know that my hard drive had to be turned on to get on the internet".

Destroying a windows installation by changing the swap file to manual and some bogus value (this was win/3.1). Then proudly saying, I heard that this computer needed more memory so I added some". Yes, he took credit for it.

Bringing a computer to it's knees with spyware by installing a particular screen saver. Four times. Three of them after i told him what was wrong. He kept doing it. I finally used the policy editor to remove the command button from his desktop properties dialog box.

"administratively deciding" stuff without checking with me first and then just using explorer to delete programs by deleting the directories. One time this bozo deleted a windows shell because he decided that it was "no longer needed". Great move. Now try getting into windows.

Those were all done by guys. So yah, tell me again how it is a "chick move" to do stuff that does not make sense. Please?

I'm not an IT employee where I work, But I do spend at least one night a week recovering all our computers from exactly the same errors that Malpine mentioned. Most of them are caused by guys, each thinking they know something. :rolleyes:
even the IT department here has no clue, their idea of a fix is reinstalling everything.

lol typical woman comicial move. Theres a website full of those, one good one was putting a cd rom in the 5.25 inch floppy drive. Ive seen one where he refused to lift the mouse or the pointer would get stuck

Overclocker550 said:
one good one was putting a cd rom in the 5.25 inch floppy drive.

We had a customer come in once w/ that problem. She had really jammed it in there but good!

We had to remove the drive, disassemble the drive and remove the CD, then put it all back together before like, 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening when her husband got home.

She fell all over herself to pay up. We had it done by like, 3 in the afternoon or something (she had brought it in at about 2:15 or thereabouts).

I have the distinct feeling her husband would've beaten her if he had found out :(

Some people just don't know the difference, that's all. There's a difference between stupidity and just plain not knowing any better.

Overclocker550 said:
lol typical woman comicial move. Theres a website full of those, one good one was putting a cd rom in the 5.25 inch floppy drive.

Yah, I had a GUY who did exactly that at work. But this time, I know that HE really did know better as HE had arelady used a computer and HE knew what went where. But as HE described the matter HE just wanted to see what would happen. Well, HE found out alright and HE lost a good CD in the process.

I have not seen anything quite as dramatic as people at Uni's are pretty savvy. The worst I have seen was this lady trying to install a Windows version of MS Office on a Mac :)

Back