• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill ZX...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blendan

Registered
Well got the gskill ZX today

The ZX=crap for overclocking but hey i am not going to complain i needed a gig and went out on a limb with these. They will work until i get my ballistix back.

I am running 2.8 volts through them at 2.5.4.4.8 and can only get 225fsb off them. I think that is the max stable overclock i can attain on the rig in my sig.

I had them boot up to 245 fsb but get errors in memtest all the way down to 225.

They will not boot at cas 3 or 2-2-2-6, but they do run their advertised speed...but who would want to do that? :shrug:

I dont find it necessary to run benchmarks or to see the bandwidth for i think it will be abysmal.

I have no idea what the IC's are. They run hot to the touch but not like the micron ic's do and dont overclock well on intel if that tells anyone anything.

Other than that i got nothing.

blendan said:
Well got the gskill ZX today

The ZX=crap for overclocking but hey i am not going to complain i needed a gig and went out on a limb with these. They will work until i get my ballistix back.

I am running 2.8 volts through them at 2.5.4.4.8 and can only get 225fsb off them. I think that is the max stable overclock i can attain on the rig in my sig.

I had them boot up to 245 fsb but get errors in memtest all the way down to 225.

They will not boot at cas 3 or 2-2-2-6, but they do run their advertised speed...but who would want to do that? :shrug:

I dont find it necessary to run benchmarks or to see the bandwidth for i think it will be abysmal.

I have no idea what the IC's are. They run hot to the touch but not like the micron ic's do and dont overclock well on intel if that tells anyone anything.

Other than that i got nothing.

Sorry to hear that..
How much did they run you?

Yeah, I got decent 240 clocks, but the timings were so terrible it was more effective at 220 then 240.

Back