• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung k4h510838e-tccc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blankfile

I got one 1024 mb stick of this ram for my cousin's new computer, installed it like ANY other ram, gently but firmly until both "side-pins" were in good place. I did this so much time it could not have been wrong. However, when i turned the PC on for the first time, i noticed some fume and some REALLY bad odor coming from the 'box i had (dunno why) closed. Quickly i unplug the beast look around, see nothing. Smell around, and here i see it: a tiny black spot on the side of the DIMM slot. I extremely carefully removed said ram stick, only to find that the 2nd golden pin has turned black, so has the dimm slot :(

However, there are 4 DIMM slots, therefore, i assume that the others are intact. should i test with some other ram? or will i have to change the mobo? It's a cheap AsRock, but still...

Also, my "local reseller" is about 1K kilometers away from my place. I'll try to contact them, but i'm almost sure they will say it's my fault and won't help (i'll try anyway, but i don't quite believe in it).

Welll, any tips on what to do in this case? I was supposed to give my cousin his PC tomorrow, but i guess he'll have to wait some time...

Which second pin? If it is on the side that I am thinking of it is the VDD which is a mobo issue. Check this diagram out. Look at pins 184 and 180.

Have you tried putting that stick back in?

Back