• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My RAM seems to hate life. RMA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GrammatonCleric

I've got 2 sticks of PQI Turbo PC4000 512MB that says its dual channel. Also i believe the chips are Samsung TCCD

MOBO: DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D

Tried dual channel when i first set up my system, system hated it, always got errors on test 8 and wouldn't boot into windows.Plugged them in single channel, they worked fine....until now.

Got the nerve to try and mess around in my BIOS to get dual channel, A friend said my mobo could be rejecting my ram because of bad or improper settings.

read some articles and the manufacturer site, then set to these settings which were the unanimous default.

CPC-on
cas-2.5
tRCD-3
tRP-3
tRAS-8

again, i got errors in test 8, always starting at 20% , didn't even try to load windows.

Next i tried upping the voltage to 2.8v which took the errors down actually, but they were still there. then when i went to 3v the errors went up again. So i gave up and put them back in single channel. Gave me one beep for about 1.5 seconds and repeated. If i remember correctly that's the bad ram code. Sooo.... I took out one stick and just have 512MB of ram now and it works again.

I really have no idea what to do, this is really frustrating and i could use some help, hopefully its just bad ram because then i can just get new ones and everything will be fine (eventhough ill have no computer for friggin ever while i RMA it.)

hlp plz thx

Edit: Both sticks work when only one is plugged in. WHY?

Last edited:
Update

In Single channel before (with both sticks), there were no errors after some testing but i didnt do uber crazy 24 hours or anything like that.

Just tested each stick individually for a little while in test 8 and no errors. Could this be a motherboard broked issue?

can you post your A64 tweaker settings. Search for posts from my nick . I have posted my A64 tweaker settings plenty of times on this forum . They might help you.

Back