• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to make my tv tuner remote work for other apps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CorpX

might be a stretch, but is there any way that i can use the buttons on my remote control to control other apps than the tuner?

Hmmm...I don't think so wth the winfast...I heard ATI's remote wonder or something you could do a few things like that

Yes you should be able to do it, and the best available windows software for the job would be a program called Girder, it went pay to use a while back so I haven't use it since then, but as long as you have the right input plug-in for your remote it will work, and you can program the buttons to do just about anything you can imagine

does your remote plug into the tuner or via usb? My remote plugs into the tuner so there really isn't much I can do with it, but I think you can do more with usb.

a usb one like the one that came with my sapphire card works with WMP, and other media apps, as well as serves as a mouse for Firefoz

I have a USB remote that came along with my hauppage pvr250. I'm also very interested in this topic. I was looking at the girder site and it looks very interesting. By default, the remote will only work the hauppage software. I'm hoping I can get this girder app and use it for other things as well. I'd like to have volume control when playing winamp or watching dvd's. Pause, skip, just your basic functions....
It's going to be another week or so before I get my main rig back up and running. I'll probably purchase this girder app. If you still havn't gotten anything worked out I'll let you know how that program works out for me.

good luck!

J.

I believe girder works, you just need to get the right plugin, but I no longer use my ir sensor that plugs into the tuner card. I use my audigy 2 zs plat pro infrared instead with girder. It works great because I can use any remote control and girder can learn it.

I have a hauppage pvr350 and its remote control receiver plugs into the PCI card for the tuner and it works fine with Girder. If you want to read about the pvr350 i did a Review on it on my web site. Here is the link for the pvr350 Review i did.

http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEkZkypAyAusyHzVJT

Also i will be reviewing a future release of Girder when it gets out of its beta stage and into a release version and that will be reviewed on www.wolfmanzbytes.com as well.

Back