• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 2GB kit for under 230

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

whats the best 2GB kit (2x1GB) for under 230 right now? A the moment I was looking at these preferably Im looking at something aths 230 or less BEFORE ANY SORT OF MAIL IN REBATE (I hate mail in rebates, sometimes they work someimes they dont, I dont trust them.)

AlabamaCajun said:
At 2.7-2.8V, those OCZs will run 2.5-3-3-8 to DDR500

Please don't give out estimates that you can't back up and which you are basing on NewEgg reviews. This RAM is binned at DDR400 and it may not run 1MHz above that. You just can't go around and throw out numbers.

This doesn't go out for this RAM itself but for all sticks in general. The only clocks that are guaranteed are the ones that they are binned at and even that is not 100% guaranteed.

Even more important is that these are 1GB sticks and manufacturers have been known to switch chips on them often (more often then 512MB sticks). Meaning early revisions may have clocked better then new ones and vice versa.

I'm not attacking you here but for future references try to keep this in mind.

AlabamaCajun said:
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16820227210

I would not even blink at these. You can't bead OCZ Platnum and well worth the extra 20 or so bucks. Look at the reviews. I wish I had banked the money I blew on Kingston on OCZ instead.

I have those in my current computer and I love them. I haven't had time to tinker with my overclocks, but I'm running at a comfortable 220mhz with these at 2-3-2-5 with default voltage.

I'll take 2-3-2-5 @225 over 3-4-4 @250 but knowing OCZ, I'm sure they will make it higher. Sorry I guess I should have stated that.

Last edited:
i wish i would have looked around more before i bought these but hey that seems to always be the case with me, i buy something and learn hey i shouldnt have bought that :p

Back